Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 pkg Mushrooms (8-ounce package, diced)
- 1/2 Yellow onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Dried sage
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 3 cups Skim milk
- 1 pkg Frozen sweet potato fries (20-ounce package, baked according to package directions)
- 2 pkgs Cheese curds (5-ounce packages)
- 4 Large eggs (cooked to your liking)
- Sliced green onions, cilantro, feta, etc. for garnish
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, thyme, rosemary, pepper, sage, and red pepper flakes and cook, breaking up the beef as you go, until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the mixture with flour, stir to combine, and cook for 60 seconds. Stirring constantly.
Slowly stir in the milk.
4. Bring to a simmer, then simmer, stirring regularly, until gravy has thickened to your liking, about 5-10 minutes.
5. Taste and re-season, if necessary. Set aside.
6. Place fries in serving vessel of choice, season with salt, top with cheese curds, drizzle with desired amount of gravy, then top with eggs and garnishes.
7. Eat immediately and enjoy!
Recipe credit: Show Me The Yummy
Click below to watch the video