Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large red onion (diced)
- Yellow and orange bell peppers (one of each, thinly sliced)
- 3 tsps Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsps Ground cumin
- 2 tsps Paprika
- 2 tbsps Parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp Dried thyme
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 6 tbsps Cilantro (chopped, divided)
- 28 ozs Fire roasted diced tomatoes in juice
- 6 ozs Tomato paste
- 3 tbsps All-purpose flour
- 4 Large eggs
- 4 ozs Feta cheese
- 12 ozs Kale (roughly chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Wash and dry all produce. Peel and dice onions. Core the peppers and thinly slice. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large cast iron pan (or a heavy skillet with lid) over medium to medium-high heat. Add diced onion and sliced peppers and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
2. Add cumin, paprika, parsley, thyme, red pepper flakes to taste, and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Combine until vegetables are coated in seasoning. Add cilantro.
3. Add the ground beef to the pan with the seasoned vegetables and cook the meat until browned. Add the diced tomatoes in liquid as well as the tomato paste and bring to a simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
4. Use the back of a large serving spoon to create 4 indentations in the sauce and crack an egg into each one. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and add crumbled feta and spoon sauce over egg whites to speed up the setting process. Reduce heat to low and cook with lid on pan until egg whites just cooked and yolks still a little soft. Sprinkle the remaining cilantro over the top and serve with your favorite bread!
Recipe credit: Rachel Bailey
Select your email service