- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Frozen whole green beans (8 to 10-ounce bag)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 Green onions (thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce (low sodium)
- 3 tbsps Fresh ginger (minced)
- 3 tbsps Toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsps Honey
- 2 tbsps Red wine or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsps Sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 cups Cooked white or brown rice
*12 oz beef products only - Reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
1. In a 10-inch skillet, brown the beef until fully cooked and broken up into small pieces.
2. Meanwhile, cook the green beans according to package directions in a microwave oven or a saucepan.
3. To finish the beef, add the oil, and green onion. Cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, honey, vinegar, water, and the optional red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Stir well and cover. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the green beans according to package direction in a microwave oven or a saucepan.
5. Add the hot cooked beans to the seasoned the beef. Stir to coat with the sauce. Cook for 2 minutes until both the beef and beans are piping hot.
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Recipe credit: Maggie Green, RDN author of "The Essential Pantry"
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 448.00
- Fat Content: 17.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.50g
- Cholesterol Content: 41.00mg
- Sodium Content: 650.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 55.00g
- Sugar Content: 6.00g
- Protein Content: 20.00g