- 1/2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 3 tbsps Vegetable oil or butter (divided)
- 2 Large eggs (beaten)
- 8 Scallions (thinly sliced, separate white and green parts)
- 2 cups Brown or white rice (cooked and chilled)
- 1 cup Green peas (frozen)
- 2 tbsps Soy sauce (reduced sodium)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a skillet, over medium heat, brown the beef until cooked. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet, over medium-low heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil or butter. Scramble the eggs. When cooked add to the dish with the beef.
3. In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt 2 remaining tablespoons butter. Add the sliced white parts of the onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the rice and stir to coat with butter and onion. Let cook for 5 minutes until the rice is hot and even a bit crispy.
4. Add the peas and sliced green parts of the onion. Cook stirring for 5 minutes to soften the onion and cook the peas.
5. To finish, add the reserved cooked beef, scrambled eggs, and soy sauce. Cook stirring to heat the beef and eggs for about 2 minutes.
Recipe credit: Maggie Green, RDN author of "The Essential Pantry"
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 497.00
- Fat Content: 13.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 123.00g
- Sodium Content: 374.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 73.40g
- Sugar Content: 1.00g
- Protein Content: 21.40g