Beef Lo Mein
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 oz Corn starch
- 1 oz Soy sauce
- 2 ozs Vegetable oil
- 8 ozs Fresh lo mein noodles
- 2 cups Napa cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup Bean sprouts (mung bean type)
- 1/4 cup Carrot (julienned)
- 1/4 cup Red bell pepper (julienned)
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Bamboo shoots (sliced)
- Snow peas (1/3 cup, cleaned)
- 1 Scallion (julienned)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Sugar (1/8 teaspoon)
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
1. Take the ground beef and mix well in a bowl with 1/2 oz soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Blanch Noodles in boiling water for 1 minute, rinse in cold water, drain then set aside.
3. Cut your veggies and have them all ready for cooking. Heat the wok until smoking slightly and add a couple tablespoons oil to coat the wok and sear the beef. Take the beef out of the pan and set aside.
4. Add the garlic and all the vegetables to the pan except the dark green parts of the scallion, bean sprouts and the snow peas. Stir-fry on high heat for a minute and add the wine in a circle around the perimeter of the wok.
5. Add the noodles and beef back to the pan and mix well from the bottom up for about 30 seconds. Then cover the wok for one minute. Remove cover and add the remaining tablespoon of regular soy sauce, the dark soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and sugar, dark green parts of the scallion, bean sprouts and snow peas take the cornstarch and mix with a table spoon of water.
6. Mix well and stir-fry for another minute, add cornstarch then re-season. Plate and serve!
Recipe credit: Chef Ralph Scamardella