Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1/2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- olive oil spray
- 3 zucchini (washed and sliced thin lengthwise)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked spinach (water squeezed out)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup Red or yellow bell peppers (seeded, diced)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Fresh whole basil leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, brown Laura's 92% Lean ground beef with tomatoes and chopped onion. Cook until most liquid has evaporated and meat is no longer pink. Set aside.
2. Spray 9-inch square pan or casserole dish with olive oil. Line bottom with a single layer of sliced zucchini. Top with corn and beef/onion/tomato/pepper mixture. Follow with a layer of zucchini, then cooked mushrooms. Add another layer of zucchini and then top with spinach and basil.
3. Mix ricotta, eggs and mozzarella in a bowl. Spread mixture over the spinach/basil layer. Top with a final layer of zucchini. Spray lightly with olive oil spray.
4. Sprinkle Parmesan over all and season topping with salt, pepper and paprika. Bake in oven 20 to 25 minutes until topping is melted. Let sit at least 10 minutes before cutting. Divide into 4 squares, garnish each with whole basil leaves and serve with a lightly dressed salad.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calcium: 35.00%
- Calories: 272.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 27.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 139.00mg
- Fat Content: 10.00g
- Fiber Content: 6.00g
- Iron: 24.00%
- Protein Content: 23.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.00g
- Sodium Content: 1069.00mg
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.