Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Total Time: 140 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup Russet potato (medium diced)
- 2 tbsps Fresh garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Long grain instant rice
- 2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Cracked black pepper
- Green cabbage (20 whole leaves, ribs removed)
- 2 cans Crushed tomatoes (28 ounce cans)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Total Time: 140 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
2. Submerge cabbage leaves in boiling water for 5-7 minutes or until cabbage leaves are soft.
3. Remove cabbage from boiling water, place into metal mixing bowl and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
4. While the cabbage leaves are cooling, mix the ground beef, onions, potatoes, garlic, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
5. Portion mixture into 5 ounces (about the size of a tennis ball). You should get 9-10 portions.
6. Lay 2 cabbage leaves on your cutting board so they overlap each other.
7. Place meatball portions in the center of the cabbage leaves and roll the cabbage around the meatball. Make sure there is no exposed meat (you may have to toothpick the leaves to hold them in place).
8. Once all the cabbage rolls are complete, place in a 9x13 baking dish and top with the crushed tomatoes.
9. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Serve with grated parmesan or sour cream.
Recipe credit: Chef Ramon Taimanglo
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 539.00
- Fat Content: 18.80g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8.20g
- Cholesterol Content: 122.00mg
- Sodium Content: 933.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 47.30mg
- Sugar Content: 14.20g
- Protein Content: 50.00g