Spring Vegetable Fideo
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 8 ozs Fideo pasta (vermicelli)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Leeks (sliced and washed)
- 1 Red bell pepper (small, diced)
- 1 Large tomato (diced)
- 1 Medium zucchini (diced)
- 1 cup Green peas
- 1 cup Asparagus (peeled and sliced)
- 4 cups Beef broth (beef bullion is fine)
- 1/4 oz Fresh cilantro
- 2 ozs Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
1. In a large pot, add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and 8 ounces of fideo.
2. Heat to medium heat and cook, stirring often, until pasta is nicely toasted and browned. In that same pot, add the ground beef. Season with 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Cook until nicely browned.
3. Add the leeks and garlic, cook until lightly browned. Season lightly with salt and pepper and add remaining vegetables, pour the broth over and cook for 8 to 10 minutes with the cover on the pot.
4. Fluff up the fideo with a fork and season, place in a serving platter and garish with the cilantro.
You may also garnish with your favorite grated cheese or if you like it spicy you may add a half diced jalepeno to the vegetables when adding to the pasta.
Recipe credit: Chef Ralph Scamardella