Spring Vegetable Fideo
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 8 ozs Fideo pasta (vermicelli)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Leeks (sliced and washed)
- 1 Red bell pepper (small, diced)
- 1 Large tomato (diced)
- 1 Medium zucchini (diced)
- 1 cup Green peas
- 1 cup Asparagus (peeled and sliced)
- 4 cups Beef broth (beef bullion is fine)
- 1/4 oz Fresh cilantro
- 2 ozs Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large pot, add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and 8 ounces of fideo.
2. Heat to medium heat and cook, stirring often, until pasta is nicely toasted and browned. In that same pot, add the ground beef. Season with 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Cook until nicely browned.
3. Add the leeks and garlic, cook until lightly browned. Season lightly with salt and pepper and add remaining vegetables, pour the broth over and cook for 8 to 10 minutes with the cover on the pot.
4. Fluff up the fideo with a fork and season, place in a serving platter and garish with the cilantro.
You may also garnish with your favorite grated cheese or if you like it spicy you may add a half diced jalepeno to the vegetables when adding to the pasta.
Recipe credit: Chef Ralph Scamardella
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 487.00
- Fat Content: 17.70g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.20g
- Cholesterol Content: 61.00mg
- Sodium Content: 460.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 49.00g
- Sugar Content: 5.90g
- Protein Content: 33.00g