Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Total Time: 80 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 14 ozs canned diced tomatoes (with basil, garlic and oregano)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 16 ozs whole wheat lasagna noodles (oven ready, pre-cooked)
- 15 ozs low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup low sodium parmesan cheese (grated)
- 28 ozs canned crushed tomatoes
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. In large mixing bowl combine water, crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes, black pepper, Italian seasoning and ground round. Stir to combine ingredients in the sauce.
2. Cover the bottom of a 9x13x2 inch baking pan with 1½ cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with 1/2 of cottage cheese, 1/2 of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
3. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours; until noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 330.00
- Fat Content: 8.00g
- Transfat Content: 0.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 35.00mg
- Sodium Content: 610.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 38.00g
- Fiber Content: 7.00g
- Protein Content: 26.00g
- Vitamin A: 25.00%
- Calcium: 40.00%
- Iron: 15.00%