Shepherd’s Pie Ground Beef Loaded Baked Potato
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 75 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 4 Baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup Medium onion (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed or mashed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Tomato paste (one 6-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Beef broth
- 2 cups Frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese (about 4-ounces)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 75 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Bake the potatoes in a 400°F oven for about an hour or until they can be pierced easily with a fork. Or you can cook in the microwave for about 10 minutes, rotating after five minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef, onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat, until it is browned. Drain any excess grease.
3. Stir in the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth.
4. Add the vegetables, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Cut a slit down the length of one potato then another one perpendicular to make an “x”.
6. Squeeze the sides of the potato to open it up and place in a glass baking dish. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
7. Spoon the filling into the potatoes and top with shredded cheese.
8. Return to a 400°F oven for about 5 minutes, or place under the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.