Ground Beef Philly Cheesesteaks
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 1 Small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 Green bell pepper (diced)
- 8 ozs Mushrooms (minced)
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2 tbsps Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 8 ozs Provolone cheese slices (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Brioche hamburger buns
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
2. Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
3. Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter and the onions and bell peppers and mushrooms.
4. Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
5. Add the beef back into the pan.
6. In a small cup mix the beef broth and cornstarch together
7. Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, beef broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan.
8. Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquid (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
9. Throw in the spinach and let it wilt.
10. Turn off the heat, add in the provolone cheese.
11. Served on toasted brioche buns.