Pumpkin & Ground Beef Bolognese Pasta
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 pkg Pastabilities Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Large onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Medium carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 Celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Tomato paste
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin purée
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Reserved pasta water
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding 1 tablespoon of salt to the pot of water. Drain the spaghetti, making sure to reserve the pasta water; set aside.
2. In a large pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the diced onion and cook until translucent; about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, carrot, celery, and dried oregano. Sauté for 5 minutes, until vegetables become tender and aromatic.
3. Add the ground beef and break up the beef into smaller pieces. Cook the beef until it's browned, then add the tomato paste and pumpkin purée. Add a generous pinch of salt, then a small pinch of pepper. Stir everything together and let the paste and purée cook with the beef for a couple of minutes.
4. Add some of the reserved pasta water, one ladle at a time (about 1/4 cup), until the sauce is as thick or loose as you like it. (see note) Allow the sauce to simmer on low heat for a minute.
5. If your pan is big enough, toss the pasta with the sauce in the pan. If not, simply pour the sauce over the spaghetti.