Italian Meatball Burger
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef (85% lean)
- 2 tbsps Fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tbsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 6 slices Mozzarella
- 6 Ciabatta buns
- 1 cup Marinara sauce (warmed)
- 1 Green bell pepper (sliced)
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine Laura's Lean Ground Beef, fresh parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, black pepper, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and dried oregano.
3. Gently mix all the ingredients together until they are evenly distributed throughout the ground beef.
4. Divide the meat mixture into equal portions and shape them into burger patties, ensuring they are slightly larger than the size of your ciabatta buns, as they will shrink a bit during cooking.
5. Place the meatball burgers on the preheated grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C) for medium doneness.
6. While grilling, avoid pressing down on the burgers with a spatula to retain their juices.
7. During the last minute of cooking, place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each burger patty to melt.
8. While the burgers are cooking, prepare the buttered and toasted buns. In a small bowl, mix the softened unsalted butter with minced garlic.
9. Spread the garlic butter mixture on the cut sides of the ciabatta buns.
10. Grill the buns, buttered side down, for about 1-2 minutes until they are lightly toasted.
11. Assemble the Italian Meatball Burgers by placing each meatball patty on a toasted ciabatta bun.
12. Top each burger with warm marinara sauce and sliced green bell pepper.
13. Optionally, you can add toppings like fresh basil leaves, sautéed onions, or extra grated Parmesan cheese, according to your preference.
Recipe credit: Nicole Washington