Ground Beef Jambalaya
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 12 ozs Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 12 ozs Additional cooked protein (chicken sausage)
- 1 cup Celery (diced)
- 1 cup Bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup Onion (diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (14-ounce can)
- 2 1/2 cups Beef broth
- 2 tbsps Olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups Uncooked rice
- 1/2 tsps Salt, pepper, oregano and thyme
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Dice the celery, bell pepper, and onion and place the diced vegetables in a medium sized bowl. Mince the garlic and add it to the diced vegetables.
2. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat. Once heated, add 12oz Laura's Lean ground beef. Cook the beef until thoroughly cooked through, breaking it into pieces as it cooks.
3. Once cooked, add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to the ground beef, along with the celery, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Continue to cook until the vegetable are tender. Once the vegetables are tender, add in the additional cooked protein, salt, pepper, and all of the spices. Stir well and cook for several minutes.
4. Next, add in the canned tomatoes, beef broth, and rice. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, turn the heat down to low and cover with a lid.
5. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender, stirring every 10 minutes so the rice is evenly cooked. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe credit: Ruthanne Bigley
Select your email service