- 1/2 lb Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef
- 3 cups Sweet potatoes (3/4 inch diced and peeled)
- 2 tsps Olive oil (for roasting)
- 6 slices Bacon (nitrate-free, sugar-free; diced)
- 1 cup Spanish onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- Fresh spinach (2 large handfuls, chopped)
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Chopped chives (garnish)
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss sweet potatoes with the 2 tsp. olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast for 35 minutes.
3. Heat a large, oven-proof or cast-iron skillet over medium–high heat. Add bacon pieces and cook until just under done.
4. Add the onions to the bacon and continue to cook until the onions are translucent. Add crumbled Laura’s 92% Lean Ground Beef, mushrooms, sea salt, and pepper, and continue cooking, stirring until the mushrooms soften and the beef browns.
5. Stir in spinach and remove from heat. Add the roasted sweet potatoes and gently toss to combine.
6. Lower the oven heat to 400 degrees. Use a spoon to create four small grooves in the mixture, and then carefully crack each egg into a groove. Season with more salt and pepper, then bake for 10–15 minutes.
7. Finish by garnishing with chives before serving.
Pro tip: Save time by making ahead. Cook everything except for the eggs, then before serving, add eggs and bake until cooked through.