Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Total Time: 80 Minutes
- 8 oz Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Onion (finely diced)
- 2 Red and yellow bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic ( minced)
- 8 ozs White mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Spinach (fresh or frozen, chopped)
- 1/4 cup Beef stock
- 6 slices Low-calorie bread (cubed)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Fat free milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- Dusting of paprika and chopped parsley
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium high heat and brown 8 ounces ground beef until no pink remains. Remove to paper towel to drain. Use paper towel to blot out any remaining fat in skillet. Add onion directly to skillet. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute, then add mushrooms, peppers and cook until softened and any moisture has evaporated.
2. Deglaze pan with stock. Add Worcestershire sauce. Stir well and remove from heat. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. Place bread cubes in dish, spreading evenly over bottom of dish.
3. Whisk eggs with milk and Dijon mustard. Add beef mixture. Stir in cheddar cheese and spinach. Pour this over bread cubes. Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
4. To cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Bake until lightly browned, about 55 minutes. Remove and let rest about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 223.00
- Fat Content: 8.00g
- Total Fat Content: 8.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.00g
- Transfat Content: 0.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 98.00mg
- Sodium Content: 517.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 18.00g
- Fiber Content: 3.00g
- Sugar Content: 8.00g
- Protein Content: 23.00g
- Vitamin A: 21.00%
- Calcium: 37.00%
- Iron: 15.00%
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.