- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (patties or ground beef, divided)
- 1 1/2 tsps Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsps Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil
- 4 slices Gouda or cheddar cheese
- 4 Large eggs
- 4 Brioche hamburger buns (split)
- Green leaf lettuce (divided)
- 8 slices Bacon (cooked to taste, divided)
- MAPLE BUTTER:
- 7 tbsps Unsalted butter (room temperature, divided)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
Recipe credit: Shereen Pavlides, host of Cooking with Shereen and cookbook author.
1. Heat grill over medium heat. Season the burger patties on both sides with the granulated gálick, onion powder, salt and pepper. Lightly drizzle and rub avocado oil over the burger patties to moisten the spices and lightly coat the patties. Once the grill is well heated. Oil the grates and place the burgers onto the grill. Grill until medium doneness, about 2 minutes on each side.
2. Add the cheese, reduce the heat to medium low and lower the lid until the cheese is melted, about 30 seconds. Remove the burgers to a plate to rest a few minutes and keep warm.
3. Place a 12-inch oven-safe non-stick skillet onto the grill grates. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter into the skillet. Once the butter is melted and sizzling, crack and add the eggs into the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the whites are set, 30 to 40 seconds. Gently flip each and fry another 10 to 15 seconds until over-easy, where the whites are set and the yolks form a skin but runny on the inside. Immediately remove from the heat and top each egg on the resting burgers.
4. Place the brioche buns, facing inside down onto the grill and lightly toast, 10 to 20 seconds. Remove and immediately, divide and smear the maple compound butter over the top and bottom buns.
5. Divide the green leaf lettuce among the bottom buns, top with the burgers, eggs, bacon and top buns.
How to make the maple compound butter: Stir 6 tablespoons butter, maple syrup, parsley and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl until fully blended.