Poblano Beef Casserole
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 75 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Dry long grain rice (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 Poblano peppers (roasted, chopped; roast an extra one if cream of poblano soup cannot be found)
- 1 can Cream of poblano soup (may use cream of celery simmered with 1/2 cup chopped roasted poblanos as a substitute)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsps Cilantro (diced, optional)
- 1 pkg Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8-ounce package)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 75 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef in a skillet. Add onion, salt & pepper to taste. Once beef is browned, add the roasted and chopped poblano peppers, the can of soup and water. Stir to mix well. **If you cannot find Campbell's Cream of Poblano Soup in the stores where you live, use Cream of Celery and simmer about 20 minutes with about a half a cup of roasted, fine chopped poblano pepper.
2. In a 2-quart baking dish, spray with nonstick cooking spray or grease well. Spoon half of the cooked rice into the bottom of the dish and spread around evenly. Cover this with half of the soup/beef mixture. Cover this layer with half of the shredded cheese. Top with the rest of the rice, spread out, add the cilantro, the rest of the soup/beef mixture and top with remaining cheese.
3. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour. Remove from oven and let sit for 15-20 minutes before serving. Can serve with corn tortilla chips and your favorite salsa!