Ground Boeuf Bourguignon Meatballs
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 slices White bread
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsps Chopped parsley
- 2 tsps Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Celery stalks (finely chopped)
- 3 Carrots (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1/2 lb Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 6 cloves Garlic (crushed, minced)
- 2 tsps Dried Herbs de Provence or mixed dried herbs
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsps Tomato paste
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 2 cups Red wine
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Cut the crusts off two slices of white bread then pour over milk.
2. Allow to stand for 5 minutes then mash the bread with the Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Add the beef and mix until well combined.
4. With wet hands (this prevents the mixture from sticking to your hands), form meatballs and place on a plate.
5. In a large non-stick pan set over medium-high heat, cook the meatballs in a splash of oil until golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
6. Pour the beef stock into the pan you cooked the meatballs in then scrape off any sticky bits from the bottom.
7. Set aside. In a large, deep pan or pot, sauté the onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms in a splash of oil until soft and fragrant.
8. Add the garlic and herbs and cook for another minute or two. Add the flour and cook for a minute then pour in the beef stock and add the tomato paste and wine.
9. Season with salt and pepper. At this stage, I also like to add a pinch of sugar, but this is optional.
10. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes then add the meatballs.
11. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and the meatballs are cooked.
12. Serve the meatballs over creamy mashed potatoes and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Select your email service