Beefy Hoppin' John
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1/2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1 clv garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cn (14-ounce) low-salt broth
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cn (15.8-ounce) black eyed peas (rinsed and drained)
- fresh chives for garnish (chopped)
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
1. Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned; drain.
2. Add onion, garlic and celery and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Add broth and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil.
4. Add rice; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
5. Add black eyed peas and cook 10 more minutes or until heated and liquid is absorbed.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 318.00
- Fat Content: 4.80g
- Protein Content: 19.50g
- Fiber Content: 4.70g
- Iron: 4.70g
- Sodium Content: 802.00mg