Beefy Hoppin' John
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1/2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1 clv garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cn (14-ounce) low-salt broth
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cn (15.8-ounce) black eyed peas (rinsed and drained)
- fresh chives for garnish (chopped)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned; drain.
2. Add onion, garlic and celery and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Add broth and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil.
4. Add rice; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
5. Add black eyed peas and cook 10 more minutes or until heated and liquid is absorbed.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 318.00
- Fat Content: 4.80g
- Fiber Content: 4.70g
- Iron: 4.70g
- Protein Content: 19.50g
- Sodium Content: 802.00mg
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service