Beef Tsukune Yakitori
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves Fresh garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground white pepper
- 3 Shiso leaves (thin julienne)
- 1/4 oz Potato starch
- 1/4 oz Vegetable oil
- 8 Bamboo skewers (pre-soaked in cold water overnight)
- SAUCE MIXTURE
- 1/4 oz Sugar
- 2 ozs Soy sauce
- 1 oz Mirin wine
- 3 tbsps Water
- 1 tsp Corn starch
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Mix ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and to a pot, set on a medium flame, bring to one boil and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, put beef, diced onion, egg yolk, ginger, salt, pepper, shiso and potato starch, and mix very well until very sticky. Divide into 8 pieces and shape like small oval patties.
3. Take the bamboo skewers and wrap the beef around each one, use more potato starch if you need to tighten the mixture.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan at medium heat, fry skewers for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked through. Baste with the sauce and cook for a minute coating the beef constantly.
5. Serve with some Japanese pickles on the side.
Recipe credit: Chef Ralph Scamardella
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 172.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 9.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 110.00mg
- Fat Content: 8.80g
- Protein Content: 15.20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.50g
- Sodium Content: 191.00mg
- Sugar Content: 2.60g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service