French Onion Air Fryer Sliders Recipe
It's totally easy to make delicious burgers in the air fryer using simple ingredients! Make these easy air fryer sliders topped with sauteed onions, cheese and arugula.
Yes, you can make sliders in the air fryer! In fact, I think the air fryer is the easiest possible way to make lean, juicy burgers. Why? The hot air cooks your patties, and the holes in the air fryer basket allow for grease to drain away from the meat as it cooks.
This easy recipe makes lean, juicy burgers AND it only takes a couple of minutes making these delicious sliders a great option for dinner any night of the week!
I think we all know that the best burgers are made with the best fresh ground beef! For this quick recipe, I used Laura's Lean Ground Beef. Laura's Lean has the BEST flavor. Their high-quality beef is raised without added hormones or antibiotics. It makes super juicy hamburgers and is a staple in our home.
Substitutions and Additions:
These air fryer sliders are a flexible recipe and there are several modifications you can make! Here are a few suggestions:
Cheese and Toppings: You can ABSOLUTELY use the recipe for the burger patties to make easy Air Fryer Cheeseburgers with American cheese or cheddar cheese and your favorite toppings!
Low Carb Air Fryer Sliders: If you're looking for a lower carb option, try a lettuce wrap instead of a slider bun! It's a great alternative to enjoy juicy homemade burgers with fewer carbs.
What should I serve with this Air Fryer Hamburgers recipe?
I think these juicy air fryer burgers pair perfectly with French fries or a green salad!
If you want to keep everything in the air fryer, I recommend making my Air Fryer Potato Wedges or Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries as your side dish!
Storing Leftover Burgers:
Store leftover burger patties in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
French Onion Air Fryer Sliders
For the burger patties:
• 1 pound Laura's Lean 92% Lean/8% Fat Ground Beef
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the caramelized onion topping:
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1.5 yellow onions, sliced thin
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 8 slider buns
• 4 slices Swiss cheese, halved
• 1 cup fresh arugula
• cooking spray
1. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil, then preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare the onions: To a large, non-stick skillet, add olive oil and heat on medium-high heat. Add onions, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Reduce the heat to low and allow to cook, stirring frequently, for 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat when onions and soft and golden brown.
3. Prepare burger patties: In a large bowl, add ingredients for burger patties. Stir to combine.Divide the burger mixture into 8 balls, then flatten them into small patties.
4. Air Fry: Place patties in the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer, then spray lightly with cooking spray. Air fry for about 5 minutes, then flip and place the cheese slices on top of the patties. Air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit using a meat thermometer. Remove the juicy air fryer hamburgers and allow them to rest on a plate, tented with aluminum foil.
5. Toast Buns: While the patties rest, add the buns to the air fryer to warm and toast for 1-2 minutes.
6. Assemble: To assemble the sliders, place the cooked burger patty with cheese on the bottom bun, then add a spoonful of onions and arugula, and the top bun. Serve warm.
Some recommend lining your air fryer with aluminum foil for easy clean-up, but I do not recommend doing this because it blocks the circulating air.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to fry in batches. As the air fryer gets hotter, you may need to reduce the cooking time by 1-2 minutes for the later batches.
Recipe photo/credit: Michelle Goth
Article link: Blackberry Babe Website
For more information about Michelle Goth, please visit the Blackberry Babe website.
Select your email service