Smothered Ground Beef Sweet Potato Fries
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1/2 lb Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1 1/4 lb Frozen sweet potato fries
- 8 oz Button mushrooms (processed or finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tomatoes, green onions, guacamole, black olives for topping
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Prepare sweet potato fries on a foil-lined baking sheet according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat then add beef and chopped mushrooms. Season with salt & pepper then sauté until ground beef is no longer pink, and then drain well and return to skillet. Add taco seasoning and water then stir to combine. Turn heat to low and keep warm.
3. When fries are done baking, turn oven to broil then top fries with beef and mushroom mixture. Top with cheddar cheese then broil until melted (alternatively you could place fries and beef/mushroom mixture on a plate, top with 1/4 cup cheese per person, and then microwave until melted.) Top with desired toppings then serve.