Grass-Fed Filet with Peppercorn, Garlic Butter, Potatoes & Asparagus
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 Laura's Grass-Fed Tenderloins (6 ounce cuts)
- 1 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 1 Small garlic clove (minced)
- 12 ozs Baby potatoes
- 8 ozs Asparagus (trimmed)
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Peppercorns (whole)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Divide the butter into 2 dollops and place on a small piece of parchment paper. Transfer to the freezer. These will go on the steaks when they are finished cooking.
3. Place the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with water, and season generously with salt. Place over a high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the water with a slotted spoon, reserving the water. Cover the potatoes and set aside at room temperature.
4. Bring the pot of water back to a boil over high heat. Prepare a bowl of ice water to cool the asparagus. Add the asparagus to the water and cook for 3 minutes, then transfer to the bowl of ice water until cool, reserving the hot water and covering with a lid. Drain the asparagus from the ice water and set aside.
5. Place the peppercorns in a mortar and pestle or on a cutting board. Crush the peppercorns with the mortar and pestle or using the back of a large spoon. Season the tenderloin generously with salt, then sprinkle with the cracked peppercorns.
6. Place a large skillet over high heat. Add the vegetable oil followed by the tenderloin to the skillet. Sear on one side, then flip, cooking about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to the oven and cook until you achieve your desired doneness, about 6 minutes for medium-rare.
7. Transfer the tenderloins to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. While the meat is resting, reheat the asparagus in the reserved hot water. Place the steak, asparagus, and potatoes on a plate. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and top each steak with a dollop of cold garlic butter. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 421.00
- Total Fat Content: 17.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 121.00mg
- Sodium Content: 615.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 30.00g
- Fiber Content: 6.00g
- Sugar Content: 3.00g
- Protein Content: 40.00g