Chicken Fried Rice
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 4 Laura's Lean Chicken Breasts (cubed)
- 3 tbsps Avocado oil
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup White basmati rice (rinsed, drained well)
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 Carrots (medium, peeled, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes)
- 2 Large eggs (whisked to combine)
- 1 cup Broccoli (chopped)
- 3 tbsps Soy sauce or Tamari
- 1/2 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Frozen peas (thawed thoroughly, drained well)
1. In a large skillet heat to medium. When hot, add 1-2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and saute for about 2-3 minute. Stir in chopped onions, carrots, broccoli and garlic, cook (stirring occasionally) for another 3-4 minutes.
2. While that is sauteing cook basmati rice according to direction on package or these steps: rinse rice with cold water. Bring to a boil 2 cups of chicken stock. Add rice to boiling chicken broth and stir. Bring pot back to a boil again, cover the pot tightly with a lid, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 mins. After 15 minutes, remove the pot from heat. With the lid still on, let the rice steam another 5 minutes. Then fluff the rice.
3. Run warm water over frozen peas to thaw completely. Drain well.
4. In your skillet, scrap your veggie mix to the side and scramble your two eggs. Once eggs are cooked, stir eggs and rice together along with peas, soy sauce or tamari, sesame oil and ground pepper to taste and enjoy.
Recipe credit: Amanda Nighbert RD