Bento Box Ground Beef Italian Meatballs
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsps Minced garlic
- 2 tbsps Fresh Italian Flat leaf parsley (chopped, optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Combine the meat, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, garlic, onion, black pepper, and parsley in a bowl. Stir just until combined, do not over mix. Add a Tablespoon or two of water as needed to keep a wet mixture.
3. Use a medium cookie scoop or spoon to scoop the meat. Then form into 1 1/2″ balls and place on the pan.
4. Bake uncovered for 17-20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. Turn halfway through, so the bottoms don’t brown.
5. Simmer meatballs with marinara sauce (if desired) for 10 minutes.
6. Serve meatballs on their own or serve over spaghetti noodles. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh herbs if desired.