These are simple and satisfying flavors. Still a light meal but with flavors that can warm you up on a crisp fall evening. It’s important to take the skillet off the heat when you whisk the sour cream into the stock—this keeps the sour cream from “breaking” (separating).
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cook time: About 15 minutes
8 ounces (pre-cooked weight) wide egg noodles
1 package Laura’s Lean Beef Meatballs
1/2 cup onion, chopped
8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup white wine (optional; substitute beef stock if desired)
1 1/2 cup beef stock
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
Paprika for garnish
(Don't have access to our new fully-cooked meatballs? Here's a recipe so you can make your own.)
1. Place large pot of salted water over high heat; cover and bring to boil. Add noodles to cook. (Keep your eye on pot; don’t let noodles over-cook.)
2. While water is heating, place non-stick skillet over medium high heat with meatballs and start to brown. After 5 minutes, add onion and mushrooms to skillet. When onion is softened, stir in garlic and cook another minute.
3. Add white wine to pan and reduce slightly. Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
4. Use slotted spoon to remove meatballs, mushrooms and onions from pan, placing all in bowl. Keep warm. Increase heat under stock to high, and reduce liquid for another 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and whisk in sour cream. Return meatballs and mushrooms to pan, stirring to coat all.
5. Drain noodles and place in serving bowl. Pour meatballs and sauce over all. Garnish with about 1 tablespoon of sour cream and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information for 3 meatballs and about 1/2 cup sauced noodles:
Calories 440; Calories from Fat 109 (24% from fat); Fat 13g; Cholesterol 93mg; Sodium 720mg; Carbohydrate 54g; Fiber 6g; Protein 27g; Vitamin 4%; Vitamin C 5%; Calcium 7%; Iron 24%