Prep time: About 5 minutes
Cook time: About 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch beet greens, wash and chopped (include some stems)—about 8 cups
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup yellow raisins
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 ounces cooked Laura’s Lean Beef
- 3 cups hot, cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. (If you are cooking pasta, put water on to boil first and get pasta into water while you are cooking the beet greens.) Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallion and cook 1 minute. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Add beet greens to the skillet and let them cook down a bit. Add raisins and stock, simmer about 5 minutes. Add balsamic and mix well, letting balsamic reduce slightly. Stir in beef and cook until heated through.
2. Place 1/2 cup hot, cooked pasta in each of 6 bowls and divide beef and beet greens mixture among the bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sliced almonds.
Nutrition information for 1/2 cup pasta with heaping 1/2 cup beet greens and beef mixture:
Calories 297; Calories from Fat 67 (22% from Fat); Fat 8g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 33mg; Sodium 211mg; Carbohydrate 35mg; Fiber 4g; Protein 24g; Vitamin A 66%; Vitamin C 29%; Calcium 10%; Iron 23%.