Plant-Based Shepherd's Pie
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 6 ozs Laura's Plant-Based Ground
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 1/2 Large onion (peeled, diced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Flour
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup Vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Frozen corn
- 1/4 cup Frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
2. Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the head to medium-low and simmer the potatoes until they are tender enough to mash, about 10 minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot they were cooked in. Add the vegan butter, plant milk, salt, and pepper then mash until the potatoes are smooth.
4. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan, then crumble the ground into the pan. Cook, breaking up the ground as you go, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and carrot and cook for 3 minutes more. Add the garlic, flour, and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes more. Pour in the broth, rosemary, and thyme then bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add in the peas and carrots.
5. Pour the veggie and loaf mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Spoon the potatoes on and spread evenly. Bake the shepherd's pie in the oven until the edges bubble and the top begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, then serve.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 318.00
- Fat Content: 13.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 21.00mg
- Sodium Content: 544.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 27.00g
- Fiber Content: 3.00g
- Sugar Content: 3.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.