- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 16 ozs Short, uncooked whole grain of regular pasta noodles like macaroni, shells, penne, bowties.
- 1/2 Medium onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or mustard powder
- 2 tbsps Tomato paste
- 4 cups Low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup Reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Non-fat plain Greek yogurt or non-fat sour cream
- 3 tbsps Mild cheese dip (Fritos mild cheese dip - this is optional but highly recommended for extra cheesiness)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Spray the bottom of the Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray. Set your Instant Pot to the "sauté" mode.
2. Add the lean ground beef and sauté the ground beef until it’s no longer pink, about 5 minutes-while breaking the ground beef into crumbles.
3. Add onions and garlic and sauté for another 1 minute.
4. Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to pot. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Pour 1/2 cup of beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pot to release any pieces of beef that may be stuck to the bottom of the pot. This will prevent the burn indicator on the instant pot when pressure cooking.
6. Stir in the remaining beef broth and macaroni.
7. Cover and lock the lid. Make sure the valve points to "sealed." Change setting to manual and adjust time to 5 minutes on High Pressure.
8. Once Instant Pot beeps to show that it's done, wait 5 minutes. (It can take up to 15 minutes for it to pressurize)
9. After it beeps-do a quick release, by changing the position of the valve to "vent." Carefully remove lid and stir. Tip: Be careful of the steam. You may want to put a paper towel over the vent to do the quick release.
10. Stir in the shredded cheese, sour cream or non-fat plain Greek yogurt, and Tostitos cheese dip until well combined.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe credit: The Pound Dropper
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 195.00
- Fat Content: 6.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 42.00mg
- Sodium Content: 560.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 13.00g
- Fiber Content: 2.00g
- Sugar Content: 2.00g
- Protein Content: 21.00g