Hearty Plant-Based Chili
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 6 ozs Laura's Plant-Based Ground
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Large onion (diced)
- 1 Red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Chipotle pepper (1 in adobo, minced or 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle)
- 1 can Tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 1 can Diced canned tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 1 can Black beans (14.5 ounce, drained)
- 1 can Kidney beans (14.5 ounce, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Frozen corn
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves
- 1 Jalapeño (sliced (optional))
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Place a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, then crumble the ground into the pan. Cook, breaking it up as you go, and cook thoroughly, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 3 minutes more. Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, and chipotle and cook for 2 minutes more.
2. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, vegetable broth, and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the chili becomes your desired thickness. Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro and jalapeno, as desired.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 271.00
- Fat Content: 6.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 4.00mg
- Sodium Content: 488.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 27.00g
- Fiber Content: 9.00g
- Sugar Content: 4.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.