- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 4 Poblano peppers (halved; seeds, membranes removed)
- Ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder (1 teaspoon each)
- 1 cup Long grain white rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Black beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup Frozen or canned corn (drained)
- 1 can Low-sodium or salt-free diced tomatoes (15-ounce can, drained)
- 1 can Diced green chiles (4-ounce can, drained)
- 1 cup Grated low-sodium mozzarella or Mexican-blend cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a large baking sheet. Arrange halved poblano peppers in a single layer on the baking sheet so that they aren't overlapping. Bake for 10-15 minutes while you move on to the next step.
2. Add ground beef and rice to a large skillet, and season with the cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Sauté over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until meat is browned and cooked through.
3. Stir in the black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and green chiles. Cook another 1-2 minutes. Spoon mixture into the peppers, sprinkle with cheese, and return to oven for another 10 minutes or so until peppers are tender, and cheese is melted. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 351.00
- Fat Content: 3.40g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.75g
- Cholesterol Content: 19.00mg
- Sodium Content: 107.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 62.20g
- Sugar Content: 4.50g
- Protein Content: 18.30g