Air Fryer Ground Beef & Kale Superfood Taquitos
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tsps Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 8 ozs Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch Kale (chopped)
- 1 cup Bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Whole wheat tortillas (8-10 tortillas)
- 1/4 cup Shredded cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 cup Guacamole (optional)
- 1/4 cup Salsa (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Begin by sautéing onions and garlic in oil for about 3 to 4minutes. Then, add in the ground beef, mushrooms, bell peppers, and spices and continue to cook over medium heat on the stovetop. Sauté until beef is browned and fully cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (or for about 10minutes.)
2. Add kale and stir in until kale is wilted.
3. Using a slotted spoon, portion out the ground beef mixture onto your tortillas in the center. Leave about 1-inch space on the sides to allow the tortilla to roll into the taquito form. Sprinkle cheese on top.
4. Repeat adding the meat mixture into the tortillas until all are filled. Then, roll the tortilla up tightly, ensuring the opposite side is tightly tucked under the center. Lightly spray air fryer basket with an olive oil mist, then place rolled taquitos in the air fryer basket and set temperature to 370 degrees for 7 minutes. *Note, if your air fryer requires a preheat, be sure to turn it on during the sauté period above.
5. Once taquitos are golden brown, remove and let cool 2 to 3minutes before serving. Repeat cooking with remaining taquitos depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
6. Garnish with desired toppings like plain Greek yogurt (a nutrient-rich swap for sour cream), guacamole, and/or salsa.
Click below to watch the video