|NOTE:Laura’s Lean Beef cooks in 1/3 less time. Do not overcook. The best method for ensuring your meat is done to your specifications is to use a meat thermometer.
(measured with a meat thermometer)
- Medium Rare:145°F at its center (recommended for steaks and roasts)
- Medium:160°F at its center (recommended for ground beef)
- Medium Well:165°F at its center
- Well:170°F at its center
- Medium Rare:: Is a bit firmer than raw meat and still has some “give” to it.
- Medium:Has lost some of its “give” and is becoming firm.
- Medium Well:Has very little “give” left. It’s mostly firm.
- Well:Is completely firm.
(a 2–3 lb. roast in a 325°F to 375°F oven)
- Medium Rare:Cook 20 to 30 minutes per pound.
- Medium:Cook 25 to 35 minutes per pound.
- Medium Well:Cook 30 to 35 minutes per pound.
- Well:Cook 30 to 40 minutes per pound.