Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
8 ounces cooked spaghetti
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce, divided
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, divided
1 (1-pound) Laura's Lean Flank Steak, cut into 1 inch slices
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
1 cup broccoli flowerets
1 cup shredded carrots
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to box instructions.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1 teaspoon ginger; toss over steak.
3. Heat sesame oil over medium high heat in a wok or large nonstick skillet.
4. Add steak and stir-fry 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain and remove from pan.
5. Stir-fry snow peas and next 5 ingredients in skillet 2 minutes.
6. Stir in remaining soy sauce, ginger, steak and cooked noodles.
7. Remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds; serve immediately.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Cooking Tips: If you have time, you can sprinkle the soy sauce and ginger over the steak and let it sit for several hours.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving Based on 6 Servings
CALORIES 331 (27% from fat); FAT 10.1g (sat 2.6g); PROTEIN 32.7g; CARB 28.5g; FIBER 4.0g; CHOL 55mg; IRON 3.0mg; SODIUM 657mg.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch; 1 vegetable; 3 lean meat