Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
3/4 cup pinot noir or dry red wine
1 pound Laura's Lean Sirloin Steak, cut into chunks
3 slices turkey bacon
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 (14-ounce) can low-salt beef broth
1 (8-ounce) container sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup diced tomato
1. Pour wine over steak and refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove, cool and crumble; set aside.
3. Deglaze the pan with 3 tablespoons of red wine from marinade and cook on high heat for 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the beef and cook 5 minutes or until browned; remove beef from pot and set aside.
5. Add onion, garlic and next 4 ingredients; cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add mushrooms, beef, crumbled bacon and diced tomatoes and increase to medium heat; cook 10 more minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Cooking Tips: Serve with rice or potatoes, or try this: toast thick-sliced French bread. Cut a raw garlic clove in half and rub the toasted bread with the garlic. Serve the Beef Bourguignon over the bread.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
CALORIES 239 (27% from fat); FAT 7.2g (sat 2.4g); PROTEIN 29.9g; CARB 9.9g; FIBER 2.5g; CHOL 68mg; IRON 3.6mg; SODIUM 604mg.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable; 3 lean meat