Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
3/4 pound Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef or 96% Lean Ground Round
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 small green pepper, chopped
1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (12-inch) refrigerated pizza crust
3/4 to 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
3/4 (8-ounce) package shredded reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
Crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Cook beef, garlic and Italian seasoning in a nonstick skillet about 5 minutes or until browned; drain and remove from skillet.
2. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; sauté 2 minutes or until slightly tender.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté 1 minute more.
4. Spread crust with sauce; top with beef, onion, bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and cheese.
5. Bake at 450 F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Cooking Tip: For a time saver, use kitchen shears to chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
Nutritional Analysis for 8 Servings
Using Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef
CALORIES 248 (43% from fat); FAT 12.1g (sat 4.9g); PROTEIN 21.4g; CARB 14.6g; FIBER 2.7g; CHOL 44mg; IRON 2.7mg; SODIUM 522mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch; 1 vegetable; 2 1/2 medium fat meat
Using Laura's 96% Lean Ground Round
CALORIES 238 (37% from fat); FAT 9.7g (sat 4.5g); PROTEIN 22.9g; CARB 14.6g; FIBER 2.7g; CHOL 44mg; IRON 1.8mg; SODIUM 530mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch; 1 vegetable; 2 1/2 lean meat