Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 green onions, minced
3 tablespoons lite soy sauce
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
1 pound uncooked Laura's Lean Top Round Steak, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
1/2 (16-ounce) package broccoli slaw mix
1 1/2 cups snow peas
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
2 cups hot cooked brown or jasmine rice (optional)
1. Combine first 5 ingredients and 2 garlic cloves in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add beef. Seal, and shake to coat. Chill 30 minutes. (If pressed for time, go immediately to step 2.)
2. Sauté remaining 1 garlic clove in 1 teaspoon hot vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 1 minute.
3. Add beef mixture; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 10 minutes, or to desired degree of doneness, stirring often.
4. Remove beef mixture from pan, and keep warm.
5. Sauté slaw mix, snow peas, and bell pepper strips in remaining 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, 5 to 7 minutes or just until vegetables are crisp-tender.
6. Stir in hoisin sauce; return beef to skillet.
7. Cook 2 to 3 more minutes or until thoroughly heated.
8. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve over rice or cellophane noodles, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Cooking Tips: Wrap steak in plastic wrap; freeze for 15 minutes before slicing. It makes thinly slicing beef easy. If you want to use ground ginger it's best to keep one rule in mind. For best results, substitute only half the ground ginger in recipe with fresh ginger.
Cooking Tip: Raw green onions have, in a small number of instances, been connected to food-borne illness. The only reliable way to eliminate this risk is to cook green onions thoroughly. Saute in a skillet for 2 mintues.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving Based on 6 Servings
CALORIES 262 (35% from fat); FAT 10.2g (sat 2.3g); PROTEIN 30.0g; CARB 13.2g; FIBER 3.8g; CHOL 56mg; IRON 1.4mg; SODIUM 663mg.